Saturday, September 09, 2006

Final round of vacation pictures. . .Mexico. We would have gotten more except for the fact that our camera charger had been checked with our luggage which the airline lost and we got back the day before our vacation was over. We got a couple of shots of fishing, but were not able to get pictures of the surfing and scuba diving
we did :( Surfing was great, great and the diving was just OK.

2 fer 1's at the Love Shack. . .


Time to break the seal. . .


Hooking his black marlin. . .


The mate pulls in the fish while Chris gets the credit ;) . . .


This is the first fish I ever reeled in all the way by myself. It was quite an experience. I have only hooked a blue marlin before (in Bora Bora) for a short time. Chris told me I should tell people that the Dorado I caught was 45LBS and I fought it for 25 minutes. Even if that is not true, it felt like a hundred pounds and it took at least an hour! I couldn't believe how hard it was (you know it doesn't look that hard when other people are doing it!). About half way through, I could feel blisters forming on my fingers and still no one would help me despite my several pleas for help. I am satisfied that I was able to experience one good catch in my life and now I feel justified in leaving the fishing to others and just enjoy the boat ride from now on :)


Adios, Mexico!

1 comment:

Cara Terreri said...

Awesome pictures, we're jealous. See you soon!

The T's