Monday, July 07, 2008

Seafood and Aquarium Snobs

This last Saturday we decided to go out for lunch and then hit another one of the attractions that Utah has to offer for kids called "the living planet aquarium." Apparently we had an ocean theme going that day because we opted for some seafood for lunch. The fried seafood, clam chowder and vegetables were good, but when it came to the real stuff, grilled fish, wow, I thought it had been dropped in the mop bucket to be marinaded. Seriously, it reaked and tasted of ammonia and the smell actually cleared my nasal passages. Not to mention we waited about 30 minutes for it and when I got it it was over cooked! I did what I NEVER do especially with a child now, I sent it back and had them fry some shrimp for me (what can I say, I'm pregnant and hungry). I was worried I was having pregnancy nose or I was maybe a seafood snob since I was from Fla. but Chris assured me after he smelled it, I had a legitimate concern and I should not eat the fish. Next we headed to the aquarium. Hypothetically, if one happened to be from Florida, one could accurately describe it as a series of average sized fish tanks (the size you find in people's homes) with your basic Nemo type fish (except for a shark and octopus that you could barely see). In all fairness though, the kids really could get up close and put their hands on the tanks and also pet some of the fish and stingrays. Chris commented that we could have seen more and petted more creatures at his parents aquarium/pet store for FREE (which is actually true). We got through the whole thing in about 45 minutes, but hey, for 15 bucks and watching Cole pet the slimy ray, it was worth it. Maybe we are aquarium snobs, too ;D

These pics are of Cole trying to pet the fish and stingrays as the go by. In the last pic, he is actually touching one.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cole looks very content and in his element. Keep enjoying yourselves and posting the pictures! Special Love Always and Forever, Love Mom